This Code of Ethics is one of the basic principles upon which I practice. It preserves my focus upon my primary goal of assuring your well being. It assures the general public of my honourable and ethical professionalism. It also assures the general public of my integrity and intention for your safety and vibrant health.
Articles of the jeanperrins.com Code of Ethics
- I will seek to work with clients to increase their sense of well-being and fulfillment, and to avoid acting in any manner that may cause them harm.
- I will always treat clients with compassion, sensitivity and respect for their personal integrity, to observe the Golden Rule to “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- I recognize the need to act with professionalism towards colleagues, recognizing them as partners in helping the whole client. I also understand my obligation to show the same degree of professionalism towards students, my future colleagues.
- I will ensure that my professional conduct is beyond reproach. I will not take physical, sexual, psychological or financial advantage of the client. I will not practice if I am in any condition which compromises the quality of my services.
- I will make a continual effort to keep my skills up to date, and acquire new skills and techniques which may be of benefit to my clients.
- I recognize that respect for clients’ wishes is paramount, and that clients have the right to refuse or accept any form of therapy.
- I understand the importance of making fees and charges clear to clients before any chargeable services are performed.
- I will not abandon a client without due regard for that client’s welfare. If I terminate treatment for a client, I shall seek to guide that client to appropriate ongoing treatment.
- I am bound to maintain privacy and confidentiality on behalf of clients and to protect any client information in my keeping.
- I will practice to the best of my ability. I also know and understand my limitations in healing and will refer clients to other practitioners in the conventional medical and alternative healing fields where indicated or appropriate.
- I understand my obligation to accept clients without regard for their sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or political belief. I do, however, reserve the right to refuse a client for reasons of personal safety or other reasons, which do not contravene the aforementioned item.
- I will undertake, as an absolute minimum, one day per annum, dedicated to helping those who might not normally be able to afford the treatments and therapies I provide.
- I recognize the limitations of my expertise, and advise where appropriate that my services are not a substitute for, or alternative to, conventional medical or psychological treatments.
- I understand my commitment to work with other healing practitioners where appropriate to advance and improve how alternative healing therapies are conducted or promoted.
- I agree to practice within the ethical, moral, and legal standards of the places in which I practice.
- I am obligated to speak to any student or colleague, without fear or favour, unethical conduct on their part, in respect of this Code of Ethics.